Monday, August 2, 2010

Honeymoon Wipes

I LOVE my re-usable wet wipes! I bought some beautifully soft flannel on our honeymoon in Oudtshoorn almost 7 years ago so that I could sew something for when we have children and at last it has found the perfect use. Andy and I cut it up into squares (about the size of a disposable wet wipe when unfolded) and overlocked (surged) the edges.


I made a wipes solution by mixing 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. aloe vera gel, 1 Tbsp. baby wash and 1 drop lavender essential oils. Mix it in a bottle with a spray top with about 2 cups of water (I just fill my bottle up to the top).


To use: keep wipes in a wipes container and when you need one shake the wipes solution and spray it onto the wipe thus creating a 'wet' wipe. Simple, easy, kind to the environment and you never have to spend money on disposable wet wipes that will end up in the garbage.

I make a smaller version of the wipes solution for our nappy bag and it comes in handy for big brother too. Just this morning I wiped muddy knees after having a fall at the library park. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment